Does CodePro Analytix provide 'Class Cycle' checker option?

CodePro AnalytiX (Audit & Test), includes over 1000 audit rules and metrics, JUnit test generation & editing, code coverage, and duplicate code analysis

Moderators: gnebling, jwren, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, Brian Wilkerson, dcarew

Does CodePro Analytix provide 'Class Cycle' checker option?

Postby souravbasu » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:58 pm

All,

I recently started using CodePro Analytix. I feel that it is a great tool, however, an important code quality parameter namely
'Class Cycle' doesn't seem to be covered. Any pointers on how to customize CodePro to implement this rule would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance.
souravbasu

Re: Does CodePro Analytix provide 'Class Cycle' checker opti

Postby Brian Wilkerson » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:43 am

I recently started using CodePro Analytix. I feel that it is a great tool

Thanks! That's good to hear.

an important code quality parameter namely 'Class Cycle' doesn't seem to be covered.

If you can describe what you want the rule to find, I can tell you whether we already have such a rule (some of the rules are not as easy to find as we'd like).

Any pointers on how to customize CodePro to implement this rule would be appreciated...

If you want to add a new audit rule, our documentation contains instructions. Just look here: http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/tools/codepro/doc/features/audit/audit_adding_new_rules.html.
Brian Wilkerson
Google, Inc.
http://www.google.com
Brian Wilkerson

Re: Does CodePro Analytix provide 'Class Cycle' checker opti

Postby souravbasu » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:55 am

Thanks for responding Bryan.

'Class Cycle' rule should identify cyclic relationships between at a class level. I've already analyzed the 'Dependency Analyzer' but observed that it analyzes cyclic dependencies between packages and projects but NOT classes.

Your help would be appreciated in pointing out an existing rule, if available.

Thanks.
souravbasu

Return to CodePro AnalytiX & PlusPak. EclipsePro Audit & Test