CP Tooks - Javadoc Repair

CodePro AnalytiX (Audit & Test), includes over 1000 audit rules and metrics, JUnit test generation & editing, code coverage, and duplicate code analysis

Moderators: gnebling, jwren, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, Brian Wilkerson, dcarew

CP Tooks - Javadoc Repair

Postby mikesmithson » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:50 pm

I actually hosed up a build on our code base inadvertently when I performed a javadoc repair on a class that was annotated with XDoclet hibernate annotations. I guess it is mostly my fault for not being more aware, but it would be nice if there are any XDoclet annotations on any fields, class delcarations or methods that the Javadoc repair would simpy not touch.
Also, manually closing the Javadoc Repair window that pops up is a real pain in the ass, can you make it disappear once I hit 'Save' on the class I javadoc repaired?
mikesmithson

Postby Brian Wilkerson » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:57 am

> ... it would be nice if there are any XDoclet annotations ...
> that the Javadoc repair would simpy not touch.

I'm not entirely certain what you're asking for. Do you want a preference setting that would cause any unknown Javadoc tag to be considered valid? Or any Javadoc tag with either a period or colon in it?

In the meantime, you can tell the Javadoc repair tool to allow (not delete) hiberbante XDoclet annotations by adding the pattern "hibernate." (including the trailing period) to each of the lists of valid Javadoc tags for types, methods and fields. These list are found on the CodePro > Javadoc prefrence page under the appropriate tabs.

We'll have to look into the possibility of autmatically closing the comparison editor when you save the changes.
Brian Wilkerson
Google, Inc.
http://www.google.com
Brian Wilkerson

Return to CodePro AnalytiX & PlusPak. EclipsePro Audit & Test