Issue Exporting Product

RCP Packager allows you to quickly create an RCP installer. Help Composer allows you to easily create and edit Eclipse Help projects and content.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, blacksmith

Issue Exporting Product

Postby MarcosV » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:01 pm

Hi All,

I'm getting an error when trying to export my plugin as a product.

Steps taken:
1. create a blank RCP application using the Contact Manager template. From web demo
2. Create a help system project. From web demo
2. Linked in help plugin to main plugins menu. From web demo

All works at this point when running the plugin from the 'Run Configuration' dialog.

I now follow the web demo to export the plugin as a product.

I get the following error during the export process.

-- ERROR --
Exception running ant script
E:\Projects\RCPTest1\build-product.xml:4: Cannot find ../build-macros.xml imported from E:\Projects\RCPTest1\build-product.xml
Cannot find ../build-macros.xml imported from E:\Projects\RCPTest1\build-product.xml
-------

However, the 'build-macros.xml' file is in fact being generated.

When I simply create a blank Contact Manager template app, the export works fine. However, when executing the .exe file of the export a dialog comes up that reads "The eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library".

Can onyone advise on what might be going wrong.

Setup:
Windows XP SP3
Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede) RC3)
Latest RCP Developer plugins (Build date 6/10/2008)

Thanks and regards,

Jim
MarcosV

Re: Issue Exporting Product

Postby gnebling » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:18 pm

The Linking help menu is a separate tutorial and is not intended to be a part of the installer tutorial. Someone else was able to accomplish this however by exporting the Help Project as a *.jar file instead of following step 2 of the Linking help menu tutorial. For more information see this forum post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1763#p6251

With regards to the "The eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library" error, you need to copy the org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_<version> directory and org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_<version>.jar jar file from your eclipse\plugins directory to your build\RCP\install-image\eclipse\plugins directory.

Also, if you are unable to launch the Contact Manager from Eclipse, open the contactmanager.product file, switch to the Configuration tab and click the Add Required Plug-ins button and Save.

Please note that Eclipse 3.4 is not officially supported until it is officially released.

Hope that helps.
gnebling

Return to RCP Packager & Help Composer