Help Composer : Generating a web-based help tutorial

RCP Packager allows you to quickly create an RCP installer. Help Composer allows you to easily create and edit Eclipse Help projects and content.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, blacksmith

Help Composer : Generating a web-based help tutorial

Postby Bruno59 » Wed May 28, 2008 2:07 pm

Hello, I followed the tutorial :

http://downloads.instantiations.com/Hel ... rhelp.html

But I have a problem :

Could not create task or type of type: eclipsetools.generateDocumentation.

Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon.

Can you help me, please ?

Thanks very much.
Bruno59

Re: Help Composer : Generating a web-based help tutorial

Postby gnebling » Thu May 29, 2008 11:53 am

What version of RCP Developer and Eclipse are you using? Did you follow the sample scripts as is? I just tried it with the latest build and Eclipse 3.2 and it works.
gnebling

Postby Bruno59 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:20 am

Hello,

I use Eclipse 3.2.1 and RCPDeveloper_v2.8.1... And I follow the sample scripts.

I don't know why can it find the task "eclipsetools.generateDocumentation" because we are outside of Eclipse with the bat.??

Is it lack something in the tutorial ?
Bruno59

Postby Bruno59 » Fri May 30, 2008 5:20 am

I have tried without the bat, but with eclipse 3.3 and I have this error :

BUILD FAILED
D:\workspaces\wks_3.3\com.instantiations.contactmanager.help\contact_manager.xml:20: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The file D:\workspaces\wks_3.3\com.instantiations.contactmanager.help\html\index.html is referenced in the Eclipse documentation (with the specified primary project) but is not included in the file sets. Include this file and try again.

Code: Select all
Buildfile: D:\workspaces\wks_3.3\com.instantiations.contactmanager.help\contact_manager.xml

main:
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation] The following were passed as the set of documents to include in the documentation:
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation]   project name = "com.instantiations.contactmanager.help"
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation]     directory: D:\workspaces\wks_3.3\com.instantiations.contactmanager.help\html\
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation]       files[0] =    gettingstarted\index.html
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation]       files[1] =    index.html
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation]       files[2] =    tipsandtricks.html
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation] The follwing were passed as the set of alternates to include in the documentation:
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation] Generating Eclipse help documentation webpages...
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation] Parsing through Eclipse workspace to generate help table-of-contents...
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation] Parsing children of      "Contactmanager Guide" (html/index.html).
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation] Parsing children of      "Getting Started" (html/gettingstarted/index.html).
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation] Parsing children of      "Getting Started" (html/gettingstarted/index.html).
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation] Done parsing children of "Getting Started".
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation] Done parsing children of "Getting Started".
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation] Parsing children of      "Tips and tricks" (html/tipsandtricks.html).
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation] Done parsing children of "Tips and tricks".
[eclipsetools.generateDocumentation] Done parsing children of "Contactmanager Guide".

BUILD FAILED
D:\workspaces\wks_3.3\com.instantiations.contactmanager.help\contact_manager.xml:20: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The file D:\workspaces\wks_3.3\com.instantiations.contactmanager.help\html\index.html is referenced in the Eclipse documentation (with the specified primary project) but is not included in the file sets. Include this file and try again.

Total time: 422 milliseconds
Bruno59

Postby gnebling » Fri May 30, 2008 8:18 am

How are you running the script without the bat? Note that in Eclipse 3.3 the startup.jar is in your equinox launcher jar.
gnebling

Postby Bruno59 » Fri May 30, 2008 9:14 am

In Eclipse. I execute the task...
Last edited by Bruno59 on Fri May 30, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bruno59

Postby gnebling » Fri May 30, 2008 12:15 pm

In Eclipse. I execute the task...

That's what I thought. I just tried and it worked for me. I had to modify the location of the files but it worked. I right clicked the contact_manager.xml file and selected Run As > Ant Build... See attached screen shots. If you want send me your ant script and I'll try to run it and see if I get the same error you're getting.
Attachments
ant-launch.png
ant-launch.png (47.66 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
ant-help.png
ant-help.png (140.19 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
gnebling

Postby Bruno59 » Fri May 30, 2008 12:22 pm

I finally resolve my problem. I have a virtual drive F:/workspaces which match with the folder C:/eclipse/workspaces

So, the path of my workspace was F:/workspaces and in the ant file, I put C:/eclipse/workspaces.
I change it by F:/workspaces in the ant file ant it works perfectly !

Thanks.
Bruno59

Postby gnebling » Fri May 30, 2008 2:24 pm

Glad you figured it out. If you don't mind we're curious to see your help page (assuming it's public).
gnebling

Return to RCP Packager & Help Composer