Record quits prematurely

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Record quits prematurely

Postby stevecavin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:52 pm

I've installed Eclipse 3.6 (Helios) and installed the latest Window Tester plugins per the instructions from Google.

It all looks great, but as I work though the example, I set the "SwingControl" record dialog briefly appear and then disappear, leaving almost nothing in the "record" window in Eclipse. The program I'm intending to test works fine in Eclipse, but not under WindowTester control.

Environment is Mac, OSX, Leopard. I've read some of the similar posts thus far, and it looks like there may be conflicts with other "jars", but I'm not really sure about this.

Not much to go on, I know. Please help.

Steve
stevecavin

Re: Record quits prematurely

Postby gnebling » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:57 am

Have you tried with the Contact Manager sample app to see if it even works? Mac support is flaky so we can't do much about that.
gnebling

Postby stevecavin » Mon May 09, 2011 11:49 am

Yes, thanks for responding. The Contact Manager app runs properly on my system when run as a Java Application under Eclipse.
stevecavin

Postby gnebling » Tue May 10, 2011 9:49 am

If your app has external jars in the build path, try narrowing down which plugins might be causing this. This post might not be related but it might give you an idea... viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5639&start=30#p20082
gnebling

Return to Window Tester