RCP App with splash screen login

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

RCP App with splash screen login

Postby hanland » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi,

I have an RCP application which uses a splash screen as a login screen. When I record a test case using Window Tester, and replay it, the splash screen interaction is bypassed. This means the login process is also by passed and blocks the application.

Either I can create a dummy product which forces a hardwired login or some one can point me in a direction that allows me to test the unmodified application.

I'm using a Windows and Mac platform and have installed the latest version of WT for Eclipse 3.4

Regards

/Dominic
hanland

Re: RCP App with splash screen login

Postby gnebling » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:38 pm

From the FAQ...
http://code.google.com/javadevtools/win ... oginscreen

How do I bypass the login screen?
WindowTester Pro starts recording only after the RCP application workbench is launched. The workaround is to bypass the login dialog. To do that, you need to specify the user name and password and any other arguments as VM args in your launch configuration, for eg. -Duser.name=someuser and -Dpassword=somepassword and -DconnectProfile=url. This needs to be done in your recording and playback launch configuration.
gnebling

[COSED]Re: RCP App with splash screen login

Postby hanland » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:50 am

That's what I thought, thanks, and congratulations on an excellent product ....
hanland

Re: RCP App with splash screen login

Postby gnebling » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:42 am

You're welcome and thank you!
gnebling

Return to Window Tester