WaitTimedOut Exception Error

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

WaitTimedOut Exception Error

Postby pavithra_bhat » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:41 am

Hi,

I am trying to run the following test, which creates a new C Project and then builds the project using Linux GCC. Here I am trying to verify the contents of build console window to check the correctness. During the test run, I run into WaitTimeOut Exception error while trying to write the contents of the build console window. Could any one please help me to fix this issue. I have also attached the error trace log for this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Pavithra
Attachments
BuildConsoleTest.java
Test Script
(6.66 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
trace-log.txt
Error Trace Log
(1.53 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
pavithra_bhat

Re: WaitTimedOut Exception Error

Postby keertip » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:29 am

Noticed that at the end of testBuildConsole() method, there is

Code: Select all
ui.click(new MenuItemLocator("File/Exit"));
ui.wait(new ShellDisposedCondition("Eclipse"));

Comment these two lines and run the test. These lines close the eclipse workbench at the end of the first test, so at the start of testConsole method, there is no workbench open!
keertip

Postby pavithra_bhat » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi Keerti,

Thanks for the reply. I tried out the fix suggested by you, but it did not work successfully. I have attached the error trace log of the test after commenting out those 2 lines here. The error log shows no difference between the expected and actual output. I have been able to successfully run this test on Linux without commenting out those 2 lines. This error now exists only on Windows. I feel it has got something to do with the x y positions of the console window during text comparison. What do you think? I have also attached one more test log file which is similar to the test log which I had sent in my earlier reply to you. In this test I am trying to compare multiple lines of build output text which is something like the once given below

**** Build of configuration Debug for project testproj ****

make all
Building file: ../src/testproj.c
Invoking: Cygwin C Compiler
gcc -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -MMD -MP -MF"src/testproj.d" -MT"src/testproj.d" -o"src/testproj.o" "../src/testproj.c"
Finished building: ../src/testproj.c

Building target: testproj.exe
Invoking: Cygwin C Linker
gcc -o"testproj.exe" ./src/testproj.o
Finished building target: testproj.exe

When I try to run this test, it gives script error on both windows and linux. The error is visible between lines 6 to 11. Could you please let me know how do I include multiple lines of text for comparison in the test script.

Thanks & Regards,
Pavithra
Attachments
BuildTest.java
Test File
(6.05 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
error_trace.log
Error Log
(1.59 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
pavithra_bhat

Postby keertip » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:11 am

Now are we dealing with two problems here ?

1. WaitTimedOutException Error while writing to console - works on linux but not on windows
2. Comparison of multiple lines of text in console - problem in both cases
keertip

Postby pavithra_bhat » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi Keerti,

Your assumption is correct. Those are the 2 problems which I am facing while running the test scripts which I have attached in my previous replies to you.

Thanks & Regards,
Pavithra
pavithra_bhat

Postby keertip » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Problem 1: WaitTimedOutException Error while writing to console - is this still the same exception? Do you watch the console when the test is running? Is it that the excepted text is there, but the assertion fails?

Problem 2: Comparison of multiple lines of text in console - could you attach the test? Where does it fail and what is the exception?
keertip

Postby pavithra_bhat » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi Keerti,

Regarding Problem 1 - I have observed the console while running the test, the expected text appears in the console but the assertion fails.
Regarding Problem 2 - The test fails when I try to compare the actual text in the console with expected text in the test script. I have attached the test scripts for both Problem 1 and 2 here.

Thanks & Regards,
Pavithra
Attachments
Problem2.java
Problem1 test script
(5.94 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Problem1.java
Problem2 test script
(5.59 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
pavithra_bhat

Postby gnebling » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:37 am

We haven't been able to reproduce this. What version of Eclipse and WindowTester are you using?
gnebling

Return to Window Tester