Properties tab widgets not able to identify by windows teste

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Properties tab widgets not able to identify by windows teste

Postby karthik.intels12 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Hello,

Windows tester not able to identify widgets which is there in properties view. Actually older versions of WT also not supporting Properties tab. But still i found some codes which was there in incubation of WT svn and i was using those codes to locate the basic widgets like tab, and table in properties view.

But now the latest version of WT is not supporting that workaround which was supported by older versions.

Please Help me out in this because in our tool almost most of the things done through properties view which can't be tested now.
Thanks and Regards,
Karthik.M.S
karthik.intels12

Re: Properties tab widgets not able to identify by windows t

Postby keertip » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:48 am

What is the workaround that you are using? Please post a sample/snippet of the code.
keertip

Postby karthik.intels12 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:09 am

Hello keertip,

I was using the below code to select the tab in properties view.

this.ui.click(new PropertyTabItemLocator("property Tab1"));

Some code snippets from the class PropertyTabItemLocator .

public PropertyTabItemLocator(final String tabLabel) {
super(Widget.class);
this.tabLabel = tabLabel;
}

PropertyTabItemLocator is actually extends the class SWTWidgetLocator.

This part of code was able to identify Tabs in properties tab. But now it could not. I didn't understand y is it so. Please follow Up and Thanks in advance.
Thanks and Regards,
Karthik.M.S
karthik.intels12

Postby keertip » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:51 am

It looks like you are using a custom locator to click on the property tab. Does the PropertyTabItemLocator define a matcher? The matcher story has changed a bit from WindowTester 4.0 to WindowTester 5.0 and beyond. This might be what is causing the problem. It is difficult to tell without looking at all the code. If you have a current support contract, please contact us via the customer-only e-mail address that was sent to you, and we will be glad to help.
keertip

Postby karthik.intels12 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:10 pm

Hello,

Ya kind of matcher part also involved in the code what i have. Thanks for the follow up. I will raise the support for the same.

I would like to know when we will get support for properties tab in the official release of WT. I mean in which release i can expect properties tab support.
Thanks and Regards,
Karthik.M.S
karthik.intels12

Postby keertip » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:35 am

Will follow up on the support email. We will put the properties tab support on our feature list.Though not sure when we will get to it.
keertip

Return to Window Tester