Cannot Start Recording Using miglayout

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Cannot Start Recording Using miglayout

Postby goksel » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:36 am

Hello,
I am new to both JAVA and WindowTester Pro, so please excuse any greenness while explaining my problem.
Some years ago ANSI C and C++ was my profession, hence OOP is not alien for me.

Ok, now to my problem:
I do not succeed in starting the record function in Window Tester Pro when "miglayout" (net.miginfocom.swt.MigLayout) is used.

To make it as simple as possible I created a new workspace (test2) and went through the tutorial "Generating a SWT Test". I could start the application with the "record" button and saved my test case.
Running that test case also succeeded after using the hints described in viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5078.

Now I add miglayout-3.7.3-swt.jar into my classpath and change the file "AddressBookUI.java" as follows:
- import net.miginfocom.swt.MigLayout;
- new MigLayout();

The second line is located in "public static void main" just after "final Button newButton = new Button(....".

I attached the logs to this post (errorlog.txt).

As soon as I click on the "Record" button the recording controle appears for half a second and disappears then. I switched in the preferences to Recorder UI Mode "Classic Recorder" to get any output. There I can see that an exception is thrown.
Why do I get an "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.miginfocom.swt.MigLayout" exception?
Is there any incompatibility known here?

Thanks in advance,
Göksel
Attachments
errorlog.txt
(11.05 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
goksel

Re: Cannot Start Recording Using miglayout

Postby keertip » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:54 am

Will reproduce this on our end and get back to you.
keertip

Postby goksel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi keertip,

thanks for your reply. Just a few hours ago I succeeded in getting the record function run.
A collegue of mine had a deeper look into the project and modified it so that it works now.
The only thing I changed was copying the necessary jar files into the project and adding them into the build path (context menu at the package explorer -> build path -> configure build path). Before, I added the "remote" jar files via "Add external JARs". Now, after having put them into the project folder I used "Add JARs".
That was all...
So, I am happy that it works now and I can keep on with my work.
...but why does the record function not work with "external" JARs? Any hints?

Thanks,
Göksel
goksel

Postby keertip » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:55 am

Hmm... interesting! It should have worked with adding external JAR's too. Glad that you got it resolved and the recording working.
keertip

Return to Window Tester