How to Automate running applications using WindowTester API?

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

How to Automate running applications using WindowTester API?

Postby eliasbalasis » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:24 pm

Need to run WindowTester recordings NOT as tests but as real applications

Here is the real case
I have a 3rd party java application which I want to integrate with my application.
The 3rd party application is a bridge to a service platform.
The 3rd party application, through some API and socket connection, exposes the service platform's functions, requires user/password to login to service platform but expects the input from user.
My application, needs to start the 3rd party application's main class and using WindowTester API pass the username/password
My application's purpose is to silently connect to the service platform and expose its functions to front-end (UI either standalone or Web-based)

Is this possible? How?
eliasbalasis

Re: How to Automate running applications using WindowTester

Postby keertip » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:43 pm

Is there a way to pass the username/password to the application using vmargs? If so that would be the way to go.
keertip

Postby eliasbalasis » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Unfortunately not. There is no way to pass the username/password as command line args.

I was hoping for some kind of automation. WindowTester did the trick but running under JUnit tester not as a real app.

I thought of building some kind of custom JUnit tester with application specific logic inside that would run the WindowTester scenario but behave as a real app instead (no timeout etc.)

Any ideas?
eliasbalasis

Postby keertip » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:48 am

Could you elaborate on your scenario so that we can have a better understanding of what you are looking for?
keertip

Return to Window Tester