Recorder UI does not show up for our Client

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Recorder UI does not show up for our Client

Postby hans_schwaebli » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:54 am

I cannot use the recorder on our application under test. The small recorder UI does not show up when I start our client from the recorder view.

However I can use the recorder for the Contact Manager application example.

I checked for the dependencies org.eclipse.core.runtime, org.eclipse.equinox.common, org.eclipse.update.configurator, our client does use them.

We have a RCP client. What might be the possible reasons why it does not work?
hans_schwaebli

Re: Recorder UI does not show up for our Client

Postby hans_schwaebli » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:09 am

I discovered I had to add a plugin dependency for "com.windowtester.swt.recorder" in the launch configuration for the SUT.

Then it worked. But it recorded nearly nothing. It seems that it does not comprehend the UI objects and structure of our RCP-SUT. And an exception occured when I clicked several things in our client: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to create widget reference for instance of org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Menu
WindowTester: 201006260734 - win32,win32,x86
at com.windowtester.runtime.internal.factory.WTRuntimeManager.createReference(WTRuntimeManager.java:97)

So the recorder does not seem to be of much use for us.
hans_schwaebli

Re: Recorder UI does not show up for our Client

Postby keertip » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:45 am

Are you using any custom widgets in your RCP application? WindowTester does have support for recording most of the SWT widgets. If your support is current, please email support. Do send a snapshot of the application and the stack trace for the exception.
keertip

Return to Window Tester