playback stopped working

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

playback stopped working

Postby jingvarr » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:01 am

Hi,

We are having a problem with one of our WindowTesterPro runner machines. We set up a VM (virtual machine) with Eclipse and WindowTesterPro runner. We prepared a recorded test and ran it a couple of times successfully on that VM. This morning I cam in and tried to re-run the test, but it would not work. The test would launch our own Eclipse product/application, but none of the playback worked (the app just hung there). The only error we managed to get out of it was the following:

!ENTRY com.instantiations.eclipse 1 0 2010-06-25 13:03:55.750
!MESSAGE Failed to open response stream: Read timed out

What is going on here? We did not change any of the scripts or the setup of the machine.

-igor.
jingvarr

Re: playback stopped working

Postby gnebling » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:02 pm

Is this still happening? This might just be a temporary network problem.
What version of WindowTester and Eclipse are you using?
You can also try with a fresh runtime workspace.
gnebling

Postby jingvarr » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:32 am

It is still happening indeed. The computer's network is fine: I can browse the Internet.

We just downloaded the latest version of Windows Tester Pro from the web on Friday (June 25). We also got Eclipse Helios from the eclipse web site. Out of desperation, I simply copied the entire Eclipse folder to another virtual machine (no license or activation there). That machine had exactly the same behavior. Did something happen with our license?
jingvarr

Postby gnebling » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:59 am

Could you please send your account or license information to support so we can verify. It might very well be a licensing problem. Please reference this post so we'll know it's the same case. Thanks.
gnebling

Return to Window Tester