Editor - inserting breakpoints

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Editor - inserting breakpoints

Postby sagar.shg » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi,

I'm new to Windows Tester. It all recorded fine while testing the editor functionality, but I ran into a problem while inserting a breakpoint. The code inserted is as shown below:
ui.click(2, new XYLocator(new SWTWidgetLocator(AnnotationRulerColumn$5.class,0, new SWTWidgetLocator(CompositeRuler$CompositeRulerCanvas.class)),2,41));

The import statements:
import org.eclipse.jface.text.source.AnnotationRulerColumn$5;
import org.eclipse.jface.text.source.CompositeRuler$CompositeRulerCanvas;

Can you please help me with this and provide me an alternate code that could be used to insert a breakpoint in the editor.

Thanks,
Sagar.
sagar.shg

Re: Editor - inserting breakpoints

Postby Phil Quitslund » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:06 am

Hi Sagar,

We do not currently have support for interactions with editor annotations but we are actively researching approaches. If you are interested in helping drive the design of this set of features please contact support: wintest-support@instantiations.com.

Thanks!
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Postby sagar.shg » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:52 pm

Thanks Phil,

I have found a workaround for this. The first would be to go to the line number using CTRL + L and mention the line number. Then use ui.keyClick(WT.CTRL + WT.SHIFT, 'B'); which would toggle break point. However, achieving the same with mouse click would be of great help. Though I have achieved inserting breakpoints, I will not be able to assert whether the particular breakpoint is hit while debugging (assert while recording). I don't see any workarounds for this. If you find any please let me know.

Cheers,
Sagar.
sagar.shg

Postby Phil Quitslund » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:24 pm

Thanks for the follow-up. This work-around is great. As I said, we would very much like to put together a framework for editor interactions to make this and other interactions easier. We'll keep you posted on that.

-phil
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Return to Window Tester