Export Test Plugin Project

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Export Test Plugin Project

Postby nartubitak » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:11 am

Hi,

I could not export the plugin project which includes the UITestCaseSWT and TestSuite classes.

I have an RCP application, I record some tests for it and want to run them automatically with ant in environment of Eclipse 3.4, java-6-sun-1.6.0.16, Ubuntu 9.04.
I have downloaded the ContactManagerRCPExampleAnt_v1.0.0.zip sample and successfully ran it. I try to run my tests in similar way.
When I run this sample, it downloads the tests from http://download.instantiations.com/Wind ... pse3.4.zip, and unzips the file in apptest folder.

I try to use the same file structure as ContactManagerRCPExampleAnt and replace the application and apptest folders with my application and my test.
I export my application product and copy it into application folder.
I want to export my test plugin project (which is created by Code Generation Wizard after recording the test) and copy it to the apptest folder.
But I could not export the project. I try to do the export in this way:
I open the manifest.mf file, open the OverView tab, and click "Export the plug-in in a format suitable for deployment using Export Wizard" in Exporting section.
The test plugin project is not listed in "Available plugin and fragments" list in the open "Export" dialog.
This occurs only at plugins created by Code Generation Wizard.

Now we urgently try to decide whether we should use WindowTester for running our automatic ui tests.
Could you please tell me how I can export the test plugin project and run it automatically?
Thanks
nartubitak

Re: Export Test Plugin Project

Postby gnebling » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:50 am

Do you see a "build" tab in your MANIFEST.MF file? If not you'll need to create a build.properties file and place it in your Test project's root directory.
gnebling

Postby nartubitak » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:55 am

Thanx, it works
nartubitak

Postby Phil Quitslund » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:48 pm

Great. Thanks for following up!
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.