Managing run configurations

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Managing run configurations

Postby ejain » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:12 pm

I'm curious how people here keep their run configurations (for product-based applications) in sync:

It's simple to recreate a basic run configuration whenever the product definition file changes (just need to remember to do it)... This needs to be repeated for the run configuration used for recording tests (don't forget to add com.windowtester.* and com.instantiations.*). Then there is the "JUnit Plug-in Test" run configuration for running the tests -- looks like this one has to be kept in sync manually, which is tedious and error prone.

Better solutions?
ejain

Re: Managing run configurations

Postby Phil Quitslund » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:47 pm

Commonly people add the WindowTester plugins to their target environments. This makes managing launch configs a bit easier... I'll be curious to hear what other folks do!
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Postby ejain » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:18 am

Phil Quitslund wrote:Commonly people add the WindowTester plugins to their target environments. This makes managing launch configs a bit easier... I'll be curious to hear what other folks do!

Storing a target environment definition with the exact set of bundles helps, though this don't include custom start levels etc.
ejain

Postby Phil Quitslund » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:57 pm

Good points. Anyone have any other tips?
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Return to Window Tester