JListLocator bug/issue?

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

JListLocator bug/issue?

Postby davecombs » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:26 pm

I've created a Swing test, and am having an issue with a JListLocator in a dialog.
The list is in a dialog, and the values in the list are file pathnames, such as
"S:/FOO/research/research/json-api/examplefinance.pcrm".

When I recorded the test, the following code was generated:

ui.click(new JListLocator("S:/FOO/research/research/json-api/examplefinance.pcrm"));

When I run the test, I get the error
com.windowtester.runtime.WidgetNotFoundException: Component not found WidgetLocator(javax.swing.JList, "examplefinance.pcrm");

I'm wondering a) why it didn't work, and b) why it reported the issue is that it couldn't find "examplefinance.pcrm",
instead of the full text value. I noticed in running earlier tests that when expanding nodes in a hierarchy, the
UI records the tree path with '/' between items, so am wondering if somehow it thinks the value it's searching
for is actually a path among a number of widgets. I couldn't find anything in the docs that described what happens
when a data value contains '/', or which WidgetLocators (like the one for trees) it "works" for, or how to escape
things so that it records correctly in my case. Any pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave
davecombs

Re: JListLocator bug/issue?

Postby keertip » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:07 am

This looks like a bug. Could you send a bug report to

wintest-support@instantiations.com

and we will get working on a repro and a fix for it.

-keerti
keertip

Postby davecombs » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:08 am

Thanks.

I sent a message yesterday regarding an existing issue (case 40588) that mentioned this
new problem with all the details, since the resolution of 40588 actually resulted in this error.
If I should file a separate bug, please let me know.

Dave
davecombs

Postby Phil Quitslund » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:53 am

Thanks for the follow-up Dave. An engineer is investigating and should get back to you soon.
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Return to Window Tester