Scroll horizontally to make widget visible

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Scroll horizontally to make widget visible

Postby arpitdesai » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:35 am

Hello,

I am trying to record test for a form based plugin. The width of the form is at times larger than the screen size.
When I record a test case some fields are not visible to the far right, so I scroll the HBar to make them visible before clicking into them.

The recorder does not recognize the scroll events as I guess these are Native widgets from SWT.

However, my problem is that the test case will now fail since when I playback it doesn't scroll and does not find the widget.

What are my options/workaround now ?

Thanks,
- Arpit
arpitdesai

Re: Scroll horizontally to make widget visible

Postby 3061 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:22 am

Interesting, I found that on playback, it finds the widgets even when they're outside of the visible area. So when it needs to scroll around to find something, WindowTester scrolls there on its own. It's weird that your test fails on playback.

Re: Scroll horizontally to make widget visible

Postby Phil Quitslund » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:31 am

In the general case we do whatever we can to scroll and reveal component widgets. How this is done depends both on the Composite and the Component types. It's possible that you have encuontered a case that we don't handle well... Could you elaborate?

Thanks!
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Return to Window Tester