Enter key events

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Enter key events

Postby iduman » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:39 am

Hello

With Window Tester 3.7.0, I noticed that "Enter" key events in JTextField widget are captured but no source code is produced for these events. Is there a way of producing the code for Enter key instead of writing it manually ?

Thanks
iduman

Re: Enter key events

Postby 3061 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:17 am

The Enter and Return Key usually does 2 things: New Line and Carriage Return. Those are handled somewhat differently, depending what OS you're running.
On some applications (for example Photoshop), the Enter Key and the Return Key do something different, on Mac OSX, there's even fn+Enter and fn+Return (Photoshop does different things here again).
In WindowTester, see if it records something if you're hitting the Enter Key or the Return Key.

If works fine here, when I press the Return Key, it outputs:
Code: Select all
ui.keyClick(SWT.CR); // carriage return

Postby iduman » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:47 am

I am using MS Windows XP and Swing. I tried writing similiar code and no problem with this. I am looking for a way for producing this code automatically?
iduman

Postby Phil Quitslund » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:55 am

Could you turn this into a bug report sent to: wintest-support@instantiations.com? We'll track the issue in our system there and schedule a fix. Thanks!
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Return to Window Tester