Property sheets examples, etc

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Property sheets examples, etc

Postby jeremyweber » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Finally started to seriously implement Window Tester in our department, and I am having some issues ( probably my unfamiliarity with the product ), but perhaps someone could put me in the right direction.

We a ton of property sheets that need some basic and afterwards more complete validation. Starting out on the basic tests, I'd like to do something like...

Get all fields on a property sheet.
Validate their default values
For combo boxes validate their possible values.

Getting the property sheet doesnt seem to be a problem and once there labels seem be easy to get, but have trouble with the editable fields. We have text fields and combo boxes a plenty, i am doing something like

Code: Select all
      IWidgetLocator[] allPropertyWidgets = propertyView.findAll(ui);
      for (IWidgetLocator widgetLocator : allPropertyWidgets)
      {
         System.out.println("WL CL NAME: " + widgetLocator.getClass().getName());
         System.out.println("WL  NAME: " + widgetLocator.getClass().getSimpleName());
      }

Simply yields:
WL CL NAME: com.windowtester.runtime.locator.WidgetReference
WL NAME: WidgetReference

WidgetReference doesnt have any methods on it that would allow me to do something useful.. ( Also it looks like they api might be out of date, as getWidget isnt available on todays 1.7 stable build ).
I have attached an example property sheet. Given this, are there any suggestions on how to proceed.

Thanks!
Attachments
ScreenHunter_3.jpg
ScreenHunter_3.jpg (34.96 KiB) Viewed 464 times
jeremyweber

Re: Property sheets examples, etc

Postby Phil Quitslund » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:14 am

Hey Jeremy,

The best thing would be for us to cook up an example that we can use to drive a local reproduction of your issue. Ideally this would be something we could use as a sample to share with other folks as well so the more standalone the repro is the better. Are there any standard eclipse property sheets that display this behavior? GEF ones or GMF ones? Any input greatly appreciated and will speed things along on our end.

Thanks!

-phil
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Return to Window Tester