Workbench Relaunch possible?

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Workbench Relaunch possible?

Postby Steffen8708 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:08 am

Hello,

the subject is already my question: Is it possible to make a relaunch of the workbench within a test? For example, if some views save their state when exiting Eclipse, it is useful to make a test whether these states are restored successfully after the relaunch.

Regards,
Steffen
Steffen8708

Re: Workbench Relaunch possible?

Postby Phil Quitslund » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:24 pm

This is not possible within a test case. When the workbench exits it terminates the test runner and that's the end of the story for that run. One way to accomplish this would be in automating your tests runs using ant (or another scripting language) where you can run a sequence of test suites where each has it's own environment. This is a bit labor-intensive unfortunately as eclipse automation with ant is not for the faint at heart. sigh... Do you have a build master on your team who could help?
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Postby Steffen8708 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:05 am

Well, i think tests with workbench relaunches are seldom in our test data base and therefore (because a simple solution not exists as i unterstand your answer) i will skip theses tests for the automation or change them.

Thanks for your answer,
Steffen
Steffen8708

Postby Phil Quitslund » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:14 pm

You're welcome. Thanks for sharing your use case!
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Return to Window Tester