Locating Widget in Editor

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Locating Widget in Editor

Postby Steffen8708 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:49 am

Hi,

following situation: In a test I open an editor in an Eclipse application using IUIContext commands. Then I want to test some tree items in a tree contained in the opened editor. The tree is the only one in the editor. I use the following locator:

Code: Select all
new TreeItemLocator("[...]", new SWTWidgetLocator(Tree.class, new EditorLocator("[...]")))

But locating it with ui.findAll finds a second tree item with the same name but another tree as parent. This other tree is not part of the editor, instead part of a view. I thought specifying EditorLocator will scope widget finding to that editor. What is wrong in my thoughts?

Thanks for any help,
Steffen
Steffen8708

Re: Locating Widget in Editor

Postby Phil Quitslund » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:45 pm

Your guesses are right. That is the desired behavior. Could you submit a bug report to wintest-support@instantiations.com? Please include whatever pointers you can to help the support team create a local reproduction of the problem. (A failing test case is ideal but not required...)

Many thanks!
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Return to Window Tester