Junit Plug-in Test runtime configuration

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Junit Plug-in Test runtime configuration

Postby dif » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:53 am

Hi,

after each recorded test-case, one must create a new runtime configuration.
Due to serialization of same master-data, I must configure that the AUT starts always in the runtime-myproduc folder.
The modification that I make each time are:

1. Main-Tab
i) I change the workspace data (default is ${workspace_loc}/../junit-workspace) to the runtime-myproduc
ii)uncheck "clear workspace"
iii) select my application.product

2. Configuration-Tab
i) I change the workspace data (default is ${workspace_loc}/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/pde-junit) to the runtime-myproduc
ii)uncheck "clear workspace"

Is there an easier way in order to get the test re-run / play ?
If not, how can I overwrite eclipse default workspace data: e.g. ${workspace_loc}/../junit-workspace to ${workspace_loc}/../runtime-myproduc.
so that I don't have to change it each time manually.

Thanks in advance,

Diana.
dif

Re: Junit Plug-in Test runtime configuration

Postby Phil Quitslund » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:12 pm

Hi Diana,

This is a usability issue that we inherit from the standard Eclipse launch configuration story (which we simply leverage). Since our tests are just JUnit tests, they are run using the standard Eclipse test runner. That said, one thing you might try is to take an existing launch config (that is correctly set up) and duplicate it. (In the Run Configurations dialog, right-click the config and select "Duplicate".) Then update the duplicate's name and test class.

Going a step further, you might find it useful to save the launch config for sharing with other members of your team. See this for more on that:

http://eclipsesnippets.blogspot.com/200 ... aunch.html

Finally, we would be happy to discuss ways that WT could make this easier. If you are interested (and have ideas) please feel free to create a feature request.

Many thanks (and let us know how it goes).

-phil
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Return to Window Tester