Random JavaDialog recognition

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Random JavaDialog recognition

Postby MarcJ8 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:53 am

I need a way to handle random JavaDialogs. It is possible to recognize them with WindowShowingCondition(title) but the dialogs have random titles and pop-up randomly.
Has somebody an idea.
Greetings, Marc
MarcJ8

Re: Random JavaDialog recognition

Postby Phil Quitslund » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:46 am

Are the titles totally random? If so, this might be tricky... Are there any properties (besides title) that they all share?
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Postby MarcJ8 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:03 am

Hi Phil,
The titles are quite random. Sometime one can predict it but on many occasions one can't.
The thing they have in common is that they all contain a JInternalFrame with the tagname starting with ModalDialog.
The class path of that JInternalframe is com.ssaglobal.webtop.client.dialogs.ModalDialog;com.ssaglobal.webtop.client.dialogs.InternalFrame;com.ssaglobal.webtop.client.Workbook$InternalFrame;javax.swing.JInternalFrame;javax.swing.JComponent;java.awt.Container;java.awt.Component;java.lang.Object;
What can happen is that more then one dialog can pop-up. So that gives another challenge.
I hope that you can help me.
Regards,
Marc Jagt
MarcJ8

Postby Phil Quitslund » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:35 pm

To tackle this properly, we'll need to work up a sample simulating the issue that we can run on one of our test machines. Is this something you can do? If not, could you guide our team through the setup of something comparable?

Please follow up by opening a ticket with support by sending a mail here:

wintest-support@instantiations.com

Thanks!

-phil
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Return to Window Tester