Can't get FigureCanvasXYLocator to work

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Can't get FigureCanvasXYLocator to work

Postby eeybye » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:53 pm

Hello

When using FigureCanvasXYLocator in a dragTo, I get an exception saying that widget was not found. But in our RCP application, I have an editor open and visible. The editor doesn't have focus, because I'm dragging from a tree in a view.
So my question is, what is the criteria for FigureCanvasXYLocator ?? What is it looking for ? Maybe it's a flaw in our application and I can fix it.

I also tried to apply the name of the editor, but with same result.

Then I tried just a simple
Code: Select all
ui.dragTo(new XYLocator(x,y));

but that caused a null pointer exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.windowtester.runtime.swt.internal.UIContextSWT.findAll(UIContextSWT.java:630)
at com.windowtester.runtime.swt.internal.UIContextSWT.find(UIContextSWT.java:565)
at com.windowtester.runtime.swt.internal.UIContextSWT.findWidget(UIContextSWT.java:685)
at com.windowtester.runtime.swt.internal.UIContextSWT.doDragTo(UIContextSWT.java:451)
at com.windowtester.runtime.swt.internal.UIContextSWT.dragTo(UIContextSWT.java:433)
eeybye

Re: Can't get FigureCanvasXYLocator to work

Postby Phil Quitslund » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:47 am

Are you using a recent beta? Some FigureCanvas fixes have been introduced that may resolve the issue. Failing that, please send a report to support. We'll track and fix the bug there.

Thanks!
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Return to Window Tester