Plugin defect, no recording console available

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Plugin defect, no recording console available

Postby f.ziesel » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:16 am

Hello,

after installing WindowsTester I got the following error when I call Manage Configuration in eclipse and chosse WindowsTester:

Plug-in "com.windowtester.runtime.junit4" version "3.0.1.200804170226" referenced by this feature is missing.
Plug-in "com.windowtester.runtime.ant" version "3.0.1.200804170226" referenced by this feature is missing.

The plugin just exists in my WindowTesterInstallation (One as jar, one as folder)

When I start the recording now recording console appears and just my program starts, after closing, no test will be generated.

I am using:
Eclipse SDK
Version: 3.2.2
Build id: M20070212-1330
and of WindowTester 3.0.1.200804170226.

How can I fix both problems?

Best regards,
Felix
f.ziesel

Re: Plugin defect, no recording console available

Postby gnebling » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:07 am

Felix,

We are looking into those configuration issues but it should not affect WindowTester's functionalities.

As for the recording problem, if you are recording a SWT application, make sure to select SWT Application when you create your recording launch configuration instead of Java Application. See SWT example here: http://downloads.instantiations.com/Win ... etest.html
gnebling

Return to Window Tester