Automated Tests with Eclipse 3.3

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Automated Tests with Eclipse 3.3

Postby tmseidel » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:27 pm

Hi,

I've taken a look at your ant example for automated rcp testing. The script worked great, so I tried to use it also for Eclipse 3.3 RCPs. I downloaded the WindowTester Runtime for 3.3. on http://download.instantiations.com/Wind ... on/latest/

I created a minimalistic RCP (Mail-Template), created a second plugin, recorded a simple TestCase, added a suite and exported all that stuff. I modified the test.xml/test.properties and the test-macros to start the application via Equinox Launcher.

If I execute the file script the folder structure is generated but the platform is not able to start. I just get this this log in /scratch/configuration
Code: Select all
!SESSION 2008-01-16 21:57:24.734 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.5.0_09
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Framework arguments:  -noupdate formatter=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormatter,C:\test/output/MailTest/test-result.xml -application org.eclipse.test.ui.testapplication -testPluginName de.spiritlink.mail.test -classname de.spiritlink.mail.test.AllTests -verbose -testApplication mailexample.application
Command-line arguments:  -clean -noupdate -dev bin -data C:\test/scratch/MailTest/workspace formatter=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLJUnitResultFormatter,C:\test/output/MailTest/test-result.xml -application org.eclipse.test.ui.testapplication -testPluginName de.spiritlink.mail.test -classname de.spiritlink.mail.test.AllTests -verbose -consolelog -testApplication mailexample.application

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2008-01-16 21:57:25.609
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "org.eclipse.test.ui.testapplication" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: mailexample.application, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error.
   at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:236)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.start(EclipseAppContainer.java:92)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.Activator.addingService(Activator.java:129)
   at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.trackAdding(ServiceTracker.java:1064)
   at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.track(ServiceTracker.java:1042)
   at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:967)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:94)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:1224)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:195)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:141)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.publishServiceEventPrivileged(Framework.java:1603)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.publishServiceEvent(Framework.java:1578)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.ServiceRegistrationImpl.<init>(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:103)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.createServiceRegistration(BundleContextImpl.java:657)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:609)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:675)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:359)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:504)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:443)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1169)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1144)

I also tried to copy the plugins into the application-folder instead of linking. Do you have any advices?

Thanks for your help,
Tom Seidel
tmseidel

Re: Automated Tests with Eclipse 3.3

Postby blacksmith » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:58 pm

Could you submit this information to wintest-support@instantiations.com. This will put this into our support queue. I will start to look at this and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Mark
Mark Russell
Build Master
Instantiations, Inc.
http://www.instantiations.com
blacksmith

Postby tmseidel » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:07 am

I found a solution that works for me. The plugin org.eclipse.test has a dependency to org.eclipse.ui.ide.application. This plugin is neither used in the plugins source nor it is shipped by a rcp that uses its own product-configuration. Removing this dependency solves all problems.

Tom
tmseidel

Postby Phil Quitslund » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:52 am

Cool, I bet this will come in handy. Thanks for following up!
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Return to Window Tester