Is Replay Feature available in trial version ??

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Is Replay Feature available in trial version ??

Postby richa.sud » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:08 pm

while trying to replay a JUnit test case generated using WindowTester tool, i got the following error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: This installation of WindowTester is not properly licensed.
Please Make Sure Your Product is Activated (use the "Registration and Activation" button in the WindowTester Preferences).
at com.windowtester.runtime.swt.internal.UIContextSWT.handleConditions(UIContextSWT.java:602)
at com.windowtester.runtime.swt.internal.UIContextSWT.click(UIContextSWT.java:213)
at EventHandlingTest.testMain(EventHandlingTest.java:22)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
at junit.extensions.UITestCaseCommon.access$1(UITestCaseCommon.java:1)
at junit.extensions.UITestCaseCommon$1.run(UITestCaseCommon.java:140)
at junit.extensions.core.SequenceRunner$1.run(SequenceRunner.java:69)

Could anyone please help. I installed RCP Developer the latest version on 23rd March 2007 and i am working on Eclipse 3.1.0 version.

Thanks
richa.sud

Postby gnebling » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:22 am

If you're testing a plug-in or RCP application, run your test as a JUnit Plug-in Test and not JUnit Test.
gnebling

Generating Tests for SWT Application

Postby richa.sud » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:20 pm

Hi!

I am testing a SWT standalone application and i have followed the instructions present in the following link:

http://downloads.instantiations.com/Win ... etest.html

According to the instructions, when i try to run the test case as a JUnit Test, the application does appear but only for 2 seconds and then the error comes in.

Does my application needs to be an RCP application in order to be tested using WindowTester??

Please help...

Thanks
richa.sud

Postby Otisler » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:32 am

Did you Register for the 14-day evaluation period? I had the same problem when I first installed it, then I registered for the evaluation period and it worked fine
Otisler

By registration u mean activation through the activation key

Postby richa.sud » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:53 pm

Hi Otisler !

Could you please let me know if you also registered in the same manner as i did:

I installed RCP Developer (trial version), went to Eclipse's Windows-> Preferences-> Licence and clicked on Registration and Activation button. Then i sent a mail for the activation key, after getting it, i entered it in the "Product and Registration and Activation " window and the product got activated ...

thanks for the reply !
richa.sud

Postby Otisler » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:37 am

Hi,

Well, I installed only WindowTester, not RCP Developer. But I think RCP Developer probably comes with WindowTester. But other than that, I did pretty much the same things you did.

When you go into the Preferences->WindowTester->License page, what does it say under the "License" Heading? Is your evaluation period expired? Are you not registered for the WindowTester portion under the RCP Developer install?

That's all I can think of, hope it helps
Otisler

Postby gnebling » Wed May 02, 2007 10:39 am

Please try this with the latest version 2.1.0.

http://www.instantiations.com/windowtes ... nload.html
gnebling

Return to Window Tester