window tester intergartion with eclipse

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

window tester intergartion with eclipse

Postby richa.sud » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:27 am

hi!!

i'm using eclipse 3.1.0. when i run my project as swt application is works fine. but as soon as i install windowtester in my eclipse, i start getting the error :- main cannot be found.
Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/windowtester/recorder/event/meta/RecorderControllerStartEvent
at com.windowtester.net.SocketStreamingListener.notifyControllerStart(SocketStreamingListener.java:136)
at com.windowtester.swt.event.recorder.EventRecorderPlugin$9.run(EventRecorderPlugin.java:344)

i've added the commoncore.jar and debug.jar in my project, yet i'm not able to record the user interaction.

there is one more problem:-
if i make a small project with one class i'm able to record the user iinteraction but i'm not able to replay it. is it becoz i'm using the trial version.

any help is really appreciated.
thank you
richa
richa.sud

Postby keertip » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:18 pm

Hi Richa,

Take a look at the tutorial on how to record and playback tests at

http://downloads.instantiations.com/Win ... etest.html

Please apply the same procedure to your test generation and see if this solves the problem.
keertip

thanx

Postby richa.sud » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:35 pm

Thanx a lot for the tutorial. :)
But there is one more problem. i dont have RCP option in my eclipse. I;m currently working on the ver 3.1.0 and 3.2.
n i found out tht RCP option is available on 3.0. do i need to work on 3.0 for that?
richa.sud

Postby gui_tester » Tue May 29, 2007 9:48 am

I am also having this same problem. My SWT program launches fine without the recorder. I can go through the SWT tutorial and have it record and playback fine. When I try to use the recorder with my project it doesn't start the recorder and gives the same error as listed above. I even tried making the class path for the recorded tests match the current SWT run I have set up for my project.
gui_tester

Re: thanx

Postby gnebling » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:38 pm

richa.sud wrote:Thanx a lot for the tutorial. :)
But there is one more problem. i dont have RCP option in my eclipse. I;m currently working on the ver 3.1.0 and 3.2.
n i found out tht RCP option is available on 3.0. do i need to work on 3.0 for that?

No. The sample should work fine in 3.1 and 3.2.
gnebling

Postby gnebling » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:39 pm

gui_tester wrote:I am also having this same problem. My SWT program launches fine without the recorder. I can go through the SWT tutorial and have it record and playback fine. When I try to use the recorder with my project it doesn't start the recorder and gives the same error as listed above. I even tried making the class path for the recorded tests match the current SWT run I have set up for my project.

We have not been able to reproduce this. We'll need to see your SWT app for a reproduction.
gnebling

Return to Window Tester