Problem with license

Swing Designer allows you to quickly create the frames, panels, dialogs, applets and other UI elements that comprise Java Swing applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Problem with license

Postby irents » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:21 pm

I bought a WindowBuilder Commercial license with 90 days of support and updates three monthes ago. In another topic I already considered my problem concerning prolonging comercial license for one more year:
http://www.swt-designer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=760

I wrote a couple of emails to sales@instantiations.com discussing the problem but I got no answer. My email address is: irents@web.de

I wrote on 22.03 to sales@instantiations.com and to info@instantiations.com:

>Dear Sir!

>On 13th of January 2006 I bought a commercial license for >"WindowBuilder Pro" with three monthes of free support and upgrades
>(Order number: RE12882644).
>That means that the free support and upgrades for the product expire >soon.
>It is time to think about ordering one year of support and upgrades.

>On the page >http://www.instantiations.com/windowbuilderpro/order.html you say:
>* - yearly support and upgrade contracts are available at 25% of the >product list price. At the time of purchase,
>you may purchase the product with either 90 days or one year of >support and updates.

>Could you please tell me how can I get the support and upgrades for >one more year
>(starting from 13th of April)?

>Thank you in advance.

>With best regards,
>Igor Rentts

But they did not answer!

Now I got a real problem. I replaced my old notebook with a new one
where I reinstalled the WindowBuilderPro (Version 4.3.0). But I could not register it. It says that the license that I got three monthes ago is no longer valid and I could use only older versions. But it is wrong. The version 4.3.0 was compiled one month ago. And according to the license that I got three monthes ago, I could use the version.

Could you please help me to solve the licensing problem or at least give me a hint on how I could proceed? We do really need WindowBuilderPro in our projects, but we do not like to pay 300 dollars every three monthes!
irents

Re: Problem with license

Postby Eric Clayberg » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:54 pm

irents wrote:Now I got a real problem. I replaced my old notebook with a new one where I reinstalled the WindowBuilderPro (Version 4.3.0). But I could not register it.

Did you send in an e-mail activation request? I could not find any record of your having sent one.

irents wrote:It says that the license that I got three monthes ago is no longer valid

No, it would not say that. All it would say is that your support has expired and that you can only use versions that came out during your support period.

irents wrote:The version 4.3.0 was compiled one month ago. And according to the license that I got three monthes ago, I could use the version.

That is correct. You can use 4.3.0 because it came out during your support period. All you need to do is send in an e-mail activation request as decribed in the product activation instructions.

irents wrote:Could you please help me to solve the licensing problem or at least give me a hint on how I could proceed? We do really need WindowBuilderPro in our projects, but we do not like to pay 300 dollars every three monthes!

You don't need to pay anything, if you just want to keep using the product. If you want access to on going updates and bug fixes, the cost of support is 25% of the list price per year.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Postby irents » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:48 am

Eric Clayberg wrote:
irents wrote:Now I got a real problem. I replaced my old notebook with a new one where I reinstalled the WindowBuilderPro (Version 4.3.0). But I could not register it.

Did you send in an e-mail activation request? I could not find any record of your having sent one.

I tried to register per Internet, not per e-mail, but failed.

Eric Clayberg wrote:
irents wrote:It says that the license that I got three monthes ago is no longer valid

No, it would not say that. All it would say is that your support has expired and that you can only use versions that came out during your support period.

You are right. That what was said.

Eric Clayberg wrote:
irents wrote:The version 4.3.0 was compiled one month ago. And according to the license that I got three monthes ago, I could use the version.

That is correct. You can use 4.3.0 because it came out during your support period. All you need to do is send in an e-mail activation request as decribed in the product activation instructions.

OK. I understood that it is not possible to activate it directly per Internet.
I will send an email activation request instead.

Eric Clayberg wrote:
irents wrote:Could you please help me to solve the licensing problem or at least give me a hint on how I could proceed? We do really need WindowBuilderPro in our projects, but we do not like to pay 300 dollars every three monthes!

You don't need to pay anything, if you just want to keep using the product. If you want access to on going updates and bug fixes, the cost of support is 25% of the list price per year.

Actually I would like to continue using the product. I would gladly pay for one more year of support. I tried to contact sales@instantiations.com, but got no answer. Could it be because they have strong antispam rules applied? I will try to contact them from another e-mail address.
I hope it would help.
irents

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:48 am

irents wrote:I tried to register per Internet, not per e-mail, but failed.

If Internet registration is not possible, e-mail activation should always work.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to Swing Designer