GroupLayout support

Swing Designer allows you to quickly create the frames, panels, dialogs, applets and other UI elements that comprise Java Swing applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

GroupLayout support

Postby scesbron » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:31 am

I am currently evaluating different designers. I have tried both matisse and swing designer.

As I am an eclipse user, swing designer is more comfortable for me. Another point is that swing designer is much more configurable and is a lot better when parsing custom code.

The only feature that matisse has and not swing designer is the support for the next generation layout GroupLayout. As swing designer has support for SpringLayout which is not far from GroupLayout I want to know if there is any short term plan for GroupLayout support

Thanx

Seb
scesbron

Postby scesbron » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:34 am

Don't care about this post, I just saw in the roadmap that GroupLayout support will be available soon
scesbron

Re: GroupLayout support

Postby Eric Clayberg » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:18 am

scesbron wrote:The only feature that matisse has and not swing designer is the support for the next generation layout GroupLayout.

That isn't too surprising as they are creating the tool around that layout manager (or vice versa depending on your point of view).

scesbron wrote:As swing designer has support for SpringLayout which is not far from GroupLayout I want to know if there is any short term plan for GroupLayout support

Yes. We are actively working on GroupLayout support with the goal of providing a beter editing experience than what is in Matisse.

Here are some teaser screen shots from Designer... :-)

Image Image

Image Image
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to Swing Designer