Cannot Specify Resource Bundle if one is already referenced

Swing Designer allows you to quickly create the frames, panels, dialogs, applets and other UI elements that comprise Java Swing applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Cannot Specify Resource Bundle if one is already referenced

Postby reconway » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:56 am

When externalizing strings, you cannot specify the resource bundle to externalize the strings to - if another bundle is being referenced by the class. In my case, I have a resource bundle for application parameters and want to use another for internationalization. However, since the class references the resource bundle I'm currently using for app parameters, it won't let me select a different one to externalize the strings to. It would be nice if this were not disabled.
reconway

Add ability to select resource bundle to manage

Postby reconway » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:07 pm

Swing Designer currently does not support multiple resource bundles accessed within a class. If you manually add a reference to a separate resource bundle, you can no longer manage the class with the Designer tools. When you try to manage the resource bundle, you will get the following error: Designer Supports only a single resource bundle for one form.

It would be great if instead of getting an error message, it simply prompts you for the resource bundle to manage.
reconway

Return to Swing Designer