JFrame and JDialog parse error

Swing Designer allows you to quickly create the frames, panels, dialogs, applets and other UI elements that comprise Java Swing applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

JFrame and JDialog parse error

Postby mickey@birosoft.com » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:50 pm

Swing designer has a big problem in last three builds. All builds which are
published at 8th, 9th and 10th November have a problems with classes of JFrame and JDialog type. If I create new JFrame or JDialog class from designer in design window next error was displayed: Parse error, unkwon type of window. Designer from 2nd November works well with JFrames and JDialogs.
mickey@birosoft.com

Re: JFrame and JDialog parse error

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:30 pm

mickey@birosoft.com wrote:Swing designer has a big problem in last three builds. All builds which are published at 8th, 9th and 10th November have a problems with classes of JFrame and JDialog type. If I create new JFrame or JDialog class from designer in design window next error was displayed: Parse error, unkwon type of window. Designer from 2nd November works well with JFrames and JDialogs.

JFrame and JDialogs are just fine. We have several dozen different JFrame and JDialog test cases and have no problems creating new ones. If you are seeing an exception like that in any recent build, I would suspect some other type of problem (like an Eclipse configuration issue...which can manifest itself with exactly the problem you describe). I would suggest deleting your Eclipse "configuration" directory and trying it again (it is recreated on startup). Also, any time you encounter an exception, it is a good idea to include the actual stack trace with the bug report. It can often immediately identify the cause of the problem and lead to a quick fix.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Re: JFrame and JDialog parse error

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:41 pm

Eric Clayberg wrote:
mickey@birosoft.com wrote:Swing designer has a big problem in last three builds. All builds which are published at 8th, 9th and 10th November have a problems with classes of JFrame and JDialog type. If I create new JFrame or JDialog class from designer in design window next error was displayed: Parse error, unkwon type of window. Designer from 2nd November works well with JFrames and JDialogs.

JFrame and JDialogs are just fine. We have several dozen different JFrame and JDialog test cases and have no problems creating new ones. If you are seeing an exception like that in any recent build, I would suspect some other type of problem (like an Eclipse configuration issue...which can manifest itself with exactly the problem you describe). I would suggest deleting your Eclipse "configuration" directory and trying it again (it is recreated on startup). Also, any time you encounter an exception, it is a good idea to include the actual stack trace with the bug report. It can often immediately identify the cause of the problem and lead to a quick fix.

Thanks, this helped.

Return to Swing Designer