Eclipse 3.1 M2

Swing Designer allows you to quickly create the frames, panels, dialogs, applets and other UI elements that comprise Java Swing applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Eclipse 3.1 M2

Postby fredatwork » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:59 am

Hello,

I migrated to Eclipse 3.1 M2 because I'm so hungry for Java generics. It looks like it is the first version of Eclipse that really supports the new features of J2SE 1.5 such as generics.

Now, when I use the Designer, I receive a large message on top of the Designer design view saying (in red & bold !) :
This is the incorrect version of Designer for this version of Eclipse. The version was compiled for Eclipse 3.0 and is running on Eclipse 3.1 M1/M2.

Could you please let us know :
- how risky it is to be in such a situation ?
- if a new version of the Designer will be out as soon as Eclipse 3.1 will be released ?
- if you have a version for Eclipse 3.1 M2 available ?

Best regards,
Fred
fredatwork

Re: Eclipse 3.1 M2

Postby Eric Clayberg » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:04 am

fredatwork wrote:- how risky it is to be in such a situation ?
- if a new version of the Designer will be out as soon as Eclipse 3.1 will be released ?
- if you have a version for Eclipse 3.1 M2 available ?

You should not use the Eclipse 3.0 version of Designer with Eclipse 3.1. YOu need to use the Eclipse 3.1 version instead.

An Eclipse 3.1 version has been available since Eclipse 3.1 first came out. You can download it from the same page you downloaded the 3.0 version from.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:27 am

Thnaks for the recommandation. I did nto relaize at first that the download page provided the goos version of the DEsigner. I made the switch as requested.

Thanks.

Return to Swing Designer