Column: Column class Class does not contains ...

Swing Designer allows you to quickly create the frames, panels, dialogs, applets and other UI elements that comprise Java Swing applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Column: Column class Class does not contains ...

Postby Sandy » Tue May 05, 2009 11:50 pm

Hello!

the full error-Message is this:
Column: Column class Class does not contains public constructor: Boolean().

What I want to do is getting a checkbox in a boolean table-cell in a bound table.
Therefore I clicked on the table, in the properties on the bindings, than in column 2, choose the "column-class" by the wizard.

To work around I could enter the whole text in the source-area like this:

BeanProperty<MyObject, Boolean> sperreBeanProperty_2 = BeanProperty.create("manuell");
jTableBinding.addColumnBinding(sperreBeanProperty_2).setColumnName("manuell").setColumnClass(Boolean.class);

This will work fine, but the designer-area still shows the above error and I could not click "ok" any more. In addition this is in the automatic-build source and so it can be overwritten :(
We choose SwingDesigner instead of NetBeans for our current project because we could edit the generated code, but if my own editing is overwritten by clicking in the desiger the win seems small...

Thanks for any help.

Many thanks,
Sandy

Re: Column: Column class Class does not contains ...

Postby Eric Clayberg » Thu May 07, 2009 6:10 am

Sandy wrote:the full error-Message is this:
Column: Column class Class does not contains public constructor: Boolean().

This has been fixed in the latest Swing Designer build.

Sandy wrote:We choose SwingDesigner instead of NetBeans for our current project because we could edit the generated code, but if my own editing is overwritten by clicking in the desiger the win seems small

Feel free to edit any of the generated GUI creation and layout code. The initDataBindings() method is regenerated as a unit, so any changes you make there must conform to the API that Swing Designer understands. You can also always add your own data binding code outside of that method.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to Swing Designer