WBpro 6.8 using with Eclipse 3.4 64Bit ?

Swing Designer allows you to quickly create the frames, panels, dialogs, applets and other UI elements that comprise Java Swing applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

WBpro 6.8 using with Eclipse 3.4 64Bit ?

Postby EnricoR » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:04 am

Hello there,

At First, sorry for my English i am a German guy and my english, at this time, is not so good :oops:

1st Question:

Ill try to user WBpro 6.8 in Vista 64Bit and i have downloaded it and us it with the Eval-Key.
I wanna build some Swing-GUIs and i think some thinks dont work correctly.

I have set the options so that the designer generates instance variables for widgets at the top of the class. When i add some widgets to the JFrame at the Designer, the Variables where added at the first line under the class declaration like:
Code: Select all
class SomeJFrame extends JFrame {
    private JButton firstButton;

}

Now, i add a new JButton to the same JFrame and the variable where added above the 1st added JButton, like:
    private JButton secondButton;

}

and so on.

Is there an Option to tell the desinger that he add the variables like this style ? :
    private JButton secondButton;

}

2nd Question:
Is there an possibility to make templates for the desinger to generating new files with the "New File Wizard" ?

3rd Question:
Is there an possibility to generate new Files, like an JFrame, with no main-methode ?

Thanks for help and answers :)
EnricoR

Re: WBpro 6.8 using with Eclipse 3.4 64Bit ?

Postby Eric Clayberg » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:21 am

EnricoR wrote:Is there an Option to tell the desinger that he add the variables like this style ?

No, but we are adopting that style for a near term release.

EnricoR wrote:Is there an possibility to make templates for the desinger to generating new files with the "New File Wizard" ?

Those are just standard wizards, so you can always create new ones using the appropriate Eclipse extension point.

EnricoR wrote:Is there an possibility to generate new Files, like an JFrame, with no main-methode ?

The current wizards create the main() method as a convenience. There is no option to not create that method, but it is easy enough to delete it.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to Swing Designer