SwingDesigner and the JGoodies Binding Framwork

Swing Designer allows you to quickly create the frames, panels, dialogs, applets and other UI elements that comprise Java Swing applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

SwingDesigner and the JGoodies Binding Framwork

Postby vidaj » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:42 am

Hello

I'm having some problems using SwingDesigner with JGoodies Binding.

I design my dialogues with a seperate model, view and controller. The controller creates the view and gives it the model. The model is a simple JavaBean wrapper around my domain model.
I also use a component factory to create my objects.

The view creates a BeanAdapter (jgoodies binding class) from the model. When I create objects I ask the BeanAdapter for the ValueModel for the object I'm creating. I then send the ValueModel to my component factory which creates the object and binds it to the ValueModel.

The problem is that this doesn't work with SwingDesigner. Whenver I try to create an object that's bound to a ValueModel, I get an exception during the creation of the object. The ErrorLog isn't useful at all since it (to me) doesn't contain any useful info.

Is there any way around this or is there absolutely no way I can use JGoodies Binding with SwingDesigner?
vidaj

Re: SwingDesigner and the JGoodies Binding Framwork

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:50 am

Without a test case (and ideally your complete Eclipse ".log" file), I have no idea what might be going wrong.

If you are getting an exception instantiating a custom component, the log file should tell you why.

You should also review the Designer FAQ entry on custom widgets.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to Swing Designer