Sample for chapter 6 (Commands)

Tell us what you think about our book and report any errata. Sample chapters are available at http://www.qualityeclipse.com/

(Note: Previous Editions were called "Eclipse: Building Commercial Quality Plugins")

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel

Sample for chapter 6 (Commands)

Postby Rolf » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:49 am

For me it seems strange, that the plugin.xml of the sample code for chapter 6 (commands) defines a propertyTester, but does not seem to use it anywhere. Is this intended?

Rolf
Rolf

Re: Sample for chapter 6 (Commands)

Postby Rolf » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:03 am

There also seems to be a problem with the <with> tag in the plugin.xml as shown in the attached screenshot (Eclipse 3.4.1).
Attachments
element with is not legal as a child of element visibleWhen.png
element with is not legal as a child of element visibleWhen.png (19.67 KiB) Viewed 953 times
Rolf

Postby Dan Rubel » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:38 am

For me it seems strange, that the plugin.xml of the sample code for chapter 6 (commands) defines a propertyTester, but does not seem to use it anywhere. Is this intended?

A new propertyTester is created in Section 6.2.5.2 which defines the properties "isFavorite" and "notFavorite" in the namespace "com.qualityeclipse.favorites". In Section 6.2.5.3, the "com.qualityeclipse.favorites.notFavorite" property is referenced to reduce the visibility of the favorites popup menu. By referencing either the "isFavorite" or "notFavorite" property, you are using the new propertyTester.
Dan Rubel

Postby Dan Rubel » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:58 am

There also seems to be a problem with the <with> tag in the plugin.xml as shown

I loaded the sample code from Chapter 6 and I don't see that warning. Can you tell me how to reproduce it? Is there some project level or global preference that you changed? Does this show up in a clean Eclipse 3.4.1 installation/workspace?
Dan Rubel

Return to Book: Eclipse Plug-Ins (3rd Edition)