Table Widget & Column View

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

Table Widget & Column View

Postby PhotonDemon » Thu May 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi,

I am playing with the "Widget Kit" parts "Table Widget" and "Column View". I am using the sort feature where it seems if you click on the column heading the column is sorted. I would like to know more about just what happens when the column heading is clicked but can't find anything to read about it. If someone can point me to some doc's that would help.

I would like to know things like does the first click sort up and then the second click sort down? Also, is there a way to change the heading to indicate which column the table was sorted on and in which direction? Thanks.

Lou
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.
SkypeMe callto://PhotonDemon
mailto:Lou@Keystone-Software.com http://www.Keystone-Software.com
PhotonDemon
[|]

Re: Table Widget & Column View

Postby wembley » Fri May 28, 2010 8:45 am

Lou -

Did you see <varoot>\readme\wkctrl70.pdf?
John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.
wembley

Re: Table Widget & Column View

Postby PhotonDemon » Fri May 28, 2010 11:30 am

Hey John,

Did you see <varoot>\readme\wkctrl70.pdf?

I had not found that document, so thanks for pointing it out. However, it have very little information about the sorting of the rows by the values in a column. After playing around a bit, it does seem that clicking on the heading alternates between ascending and descending sorting. There doesn't seem to be a simple way to indicate which column drove the sort and in which direction. I don't really need this feature but it would be nice.

Thanks, Lou
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.
SkypeMe callto://PhotonDemon
mailto:Lou@Keystone-Software.com http://www.Keystone-Software.com
PhotonDemon
[|]

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0