problems with fresh install

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

problems with fresh install

Postby bhuntsman » Thu May 27, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi all!
I'm new to VA Smalltalk, so please forgive me ahead of time for some basic questions.

First, in the Class Browser, how do you make the source code editor text background white? It's some sort of "cream" color on mine, and I don't see any option in the menus to change it.

Secondly, none of the toolbar buttons do anything. I get the context help popup when I hover over them with the mouse, but clicking on them does nothing. Doesn't matter which window I'm in, or which button I click. The toolbar buttons in the Organizer window do work, however, but I'm referring to the toolbar with items like "debug", "execute" etc. Any idea what might be wrong?

This is a fresh install of VA Smalltalk 8 on WinXP x64 Edition, if that matters.

Thanks in advance!!
bhuntsman

Re: problems with fresh install

Postby tc » Thu May 27, 2010 1:20 pm

Hello,

There is not one central place to change the color, but I'll open a case to change that. If you browse implementors of '#addSourceCodeTextPane' then the color is set near the top of the method:
Code: Select all
w
    backgroundColor: (CgRGBColor red: 16rFBFB green: 16rF2F2 blue: 16rD1D1).

Change the color or delete the line.

For the mouse, some mice have issues with the native toolbar, you can double click the toolbar button or switch to the emulated toolbar by selecting 'Options -> Use Emulated Toolbar' on the transcript.

--tc
tc

Re: problems with fresh install

Postby solveig » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:11 am

Case number is 46726 "Add Option to Change the Source Code Text Pane background Color"
solveig

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0