[8.0.1] Seaside Testing doesn't load

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

[8.0.1] Seaside Testing doesn't load

Postby jtuchel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:17 am

Hi

Maybe it has been overseen in another thread on this forum http://www.instantiations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4319#p14011:

It is currently not possible to load z.ST: SST Seaside Testing, because the initialization of WAFlowMain fails due to an uninitialized Attribute.

I wonder why WAFlowMain is in the load tree anyways since it is optional in Seaside 3.0 and currently not supported in VAST anyway...

cu

Joachim
jtuchel
[|]

Re: [8.0.1] Seaside Testing doesn't load

Postby jtuchel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:25 pm

Klaus and others,

in the other thread, I said I get this error when loading the Seaside Testing feature map. But I get it because this references the Seaside feature map as a required maps which thus gets reloaded or at least reinitialized.
You can load all the tests by simply loading all required maps by hand, leaving the Seaside feature map out.

Thus you avoid the initialization error and have all tests loadad.
I havent yet found out why the error appears, because after first loading the Seaside feature map, the #mainClass attribute in WAAdmin applicationDefaults is present and set (because the initialize method has run after loading the Application SeasideFlow. If I simply run the initialize method again, the error doesn't show up... I can even load WASeasideFlow several times without any problems.

funny thing it is (not). Gives Seaside newbies a tougher time than it should...

cu Joachim
jtuchel
[|]

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0