Windows 7

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

Windows 7

Postby Livardo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:01 am

I saw the thread where VAST 8 failed to install fully. Apparently there was a workaround and VAST itself ran smoothly.

I've been tasked with testing VAST 7 under Windows 7. Any heads up before I try to install it? We're not rushing out to install W7 but hey, management saw that Windows 7 was out and they decided we should test our software on it! :P
Livardo

Re: Windows 7

Postby wembley » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:28 am

Livardo -

Please use the latest development build for your test -- see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3577 for further information.

We know of one or two issues that affect the appearance, but not the function, of the UI.
John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.
wembley

Postby Livardo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:57 am

wembley wrote:Livardo -

Please use the latest development build for your test -- see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3577 for further information.

We know of one or two issues that affect the appearance, but not the function, of the UI.

I guess version 7 is out of the question for now? I'm sure we're moving to 8 eventually but VAST 7 is all we have at the moment.

ps: You've answered questions of mine since 2003 in ibm.software.vasmalltalk. Thank you sir!
Livardo

Postby wembley » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:09 pm

Livardo -

See viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2797 for a workaround for installation problem on Windows 7. VA Smalltalk V7.x should run OK, but we do not support it on that platform.

You're quite welcome for any assistance we've provided; we are very happy to do it. And thank you for being one of our long-time users.
John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.
wembley

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0