Can't find some pre-reqs

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

Can't find some pre-reqs

Postby totallyobjects » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:23 am

I am busy porting our first full programs into V8 but can find some of the pre-reqs.

If I do a search on Google, they come up on Instantiations redestributable page but I can't see them in the App Editions browser.

I am probably dumb here but can someone point me in the right direction.

The main one I have come up with so far is

AbtRunWinCwControlsApp

David
totallyobjects
[|]

Re: Can't find some pre-reqs

Postby jtuchel » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:51 pm

David,

I remember seeing the same thing, but not having an old VAST version at hand I can't give you the solution.
IIRC, the reason was that some classes have been moved from AbtRunWinCwControlsApp to another application.

So what you need to do is look into an old library and see what classes are in there, then see in which application they are now and simply replace your prereqs. I guess this change came in with V7 or so, since AbtRunWinCwControlsApp is not in a 7.5 library.

Hope that helps

Joachim
jtuchel
[|]

Re: Can't find some pre-reqs

Postby wembley » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:23 am

totallyobjects wrote:I am busy porting our first full programs into V8 but can find some of the pre-reqs.

If I do a search on Google, they come up on Instantiations redestributable page but I can't see them in the App Editions browser.

I am probably dumb here but can someone point me in the right direction.

The main one I have come up with so far is

AbtRunWinCwControlsApp

David

The Windows Common Controls apps all got merged into the main Windows GUI subapps in V8. So, you need a prereq of AbtRunViewsApp to pickup what you need.
John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.
wembley

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0