Missing focus rectangle using Windows Themes & VA8.0

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

Missing focus rectangle using Windows Themes & VA8.0

Postby joselle » Wed May 20, 2009 4:54 am

Hello,

I'm using Version 8.0 and Windows (Vista or XP) Themes. I miss the focus rectangle on ToggleButtons (Vista and XP), RadioButtons (Vista and XP) and Drop-downLists (only for Vista) when tabbing through these widgets.
Does anybody else notice such a behaviour?

Thanks in advance,

Jörg
joselle

Re: Missing focus rectangle using Windows Themes & VA8.0

Postby tc » Wed May 20, 2009 8:51 am

Hello,

Not sure what the differences are in the widgets but if I open the Window's calculator and select the toggle/radio buttons (or deselect them), they do not show a focus rectangle.

The same is true for Notepad -> edit -> replace and select/deselect the 'match case' toggle button.

However, in IE7, for example, if I open a 'find' dialog (ctrl+f), and select/deselect the 'match whole word only' toggle button, the focus rectangle is drawn.

--tc
tc

Postby joselle » Mon May 25, 2009 6:52 am

Hello,

the calculator shows no focus on any widget for me, this application seems to be different. The Notepad or similar applications works fine for me, only VASmalltalk 8.0 has no focus rectangle.

Are there any other experiences?

Jörg
joselle

Postby joselle » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:04 am

Hi,

i found a workaround for my problem, but i think this is a bug in VASmalltalk.

The focus rectangle is available, when I activate the "Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys" toggle in the "Ease of Access Center" control panel, "Make the Keyboard easier to use", "Make it easier to use keyboard shortcuts".

Joselle
joselle

Postby jtuchel » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:39 am

HI

since a customer just asked this exact question: what is the current status of this problem?
They are using 8.0.1 on Win 7 and also miss the focus hilighting on radio boxes etc....

Joachim
jtuchel
[|]

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0