VA8 Seaside -> ExWAUnregisteredHandlerError

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

VA8 Seaside -> ExWAUnregisteredHandlerError

Postby klaus » Tue May 05, 2009 4:52 am

Hello,

every time I click on a push button (for example in seaside/tests/scriptaculous) an #ExWAUnregisteredHandlerError (WARequestContextNotFound) occurs.

Another error: If I make a call to #WAComponent -> #call: an exception in #WAVASTPlatform -> #suspendToFlow: is raised, because #WAPlatform -> #suspendFlowDo: needs to be overwritten by a subclass.

The Seaside release in VA8 Beta 1 worked better than in VA8. Seaside in VA8 is not usable, so that I'm disappointed. When will it work?

Regards

Klaus
Klaus Breker
Currently working for clearstream (Deutsche Börse Group)
klaus

Re: VA8 Seaside -> ExWAUnregisteredHandlerError

Postby jtuchel » Tue May 05, 2009 11:46 pm

Klaus,

I have seen the Scriptaculous error WARequestContextNotFound as well and reported it to Instantiations, AFAIK they are working on it already.

In general it seems to be a good idea to look at jQuery instead of Scriptaculous. First, jQuery is way more flexible, and second it seems that Seaside will favor jQuery in the future.

The other one seems to be related to the not yet supported flow-package. It seems the boundaries between Seaside-Core and Flow aren't clear enough. I didn't have the time yet to check whether this is a bug in Seaside on Squeak as well (which I don't believe) or only on VAST.

cu

Joachim
jtuchel
[|]

Postby a3aan » Wed May 06, 2009 1:54 am

jtuchel wrote:..
In general it seems to be a good idea to look at jQuery instead of Scriptaculous. First, jQuery is way more flexible, and second it seems that Seaside will favor jQuery in the future.

jQuery in VA 8.0.0 suffers from the same problem. Continue to use beta1 and the jQuery integration from VAStGoodies.com is what we do.

jtuchel wrote:The other one seems to be related to the not yet supported flow-package. It seems the boundaries between Seaside-Core and Flow aren't clear enough. I didn't have the time yet to check whether this is a bug in Seaside on Squeak as well (which I don't believe) or only on VAST.

The problem is not in Squeak.

Cheers,
Adriaan.
Adriaan van Os
a3aan
[|]

Postby TriSebastian » Wed May 06, 2009 2:19 am

Hi Smalltalkers!

Here's a workaround,... it's a hack,... but just for beeing able to debug a little it's fine.

runCallbacks
[ self withNotificationHandlerDo: [
self renderContext callbacks handle: self requestContext ] ]
ensure: [
"self request isXmlHttpRequest ifTrue: [ self captureState ]" ]

self request throws the error...

Cheers!
Sebastian
TriSebastian

Postby klaus » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:59 am

Hi Sebastian,

your hack works, but this cannot be the final solution. I hope, that Instantiations will release a stable version of Seaside soon? Are there any news?

Regards

Klaus
Klaus Breker
Currently working for clearstream (Deutsche Börse Group)
klaus

Postby TriSebastian » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:47 am

Hi Klaus,

well I just had a further look on this one,...

This might be the real solution:

"self requestContext request isXmlHttpRequest ifTrue: [ self captureState ]"

Cheers!
Sebastian
TriSebastian

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0