open editions all over the place - how?

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

open editions all over the place - how?

Postby ObjectGardener » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi, I looked across the forum but did not see an answer for this one. On our ENVY repository the other day, all the sudden, there was many (like 1/3 or more) of the config maps had open editions. We have several programmers working on the repository but because of the use of super-user I don't think I can tell which one caused this to happen. They all had timestamps within a minute or two. It was almost like there was a command to "open everything that uses this" though even with that I not sure it would fully explain what I was seeing.

Has anyone seen something like this before? Is there way to create open editions automatically for every config map that requires a config map that I am opening?

Thanks. --Mark
ObjectGardener

Re: open editions all over the place - how?

Postby tc » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:03 pm

Hello,

Were the editions scratch editions or actual open editions?

--tc
tc

Postby koschate » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:38 am

tc wrote:Were the editions scratch editions or actual open editions?--tc

I've never seen a scratch edition of a config map.

Could someone have selected a bunch of applications and chosen to release the current versions into their respective config maps?
koschate
[|]

Postby ObjectGardener » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:40 am

These are open editions, not scratch

selected a bunch of applications and chosen to release the current versions into their respective config maps

that sounds like a possibility how is that precisely done? Is that the menu selection "Release Selelected Applications..." from the Application Manager?
Thanks
ObjectGardener

Postby koschate » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:58 am

ObjectGardener wrote:that sounds like a possibility how is that precisely done? Is that the menu selection "Release Selelected Applications..." from the Application Manager?

Yes. That's the only thing I can think of that might cause what you're seeing.
koschate
[|]

Postby ObjectGardener » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:28 pm

koschate,

Thanks! I am sure that is what happen here, I finally got a chance to test this out. Nice to have the mystery solve.

--Mark
ObjectGardener

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0