envy/QA prereq error in V8 beta

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

envy/QA prereq error in V8 beta

Postby daswartz » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:31 pm

Using the Load/Unload features option from the Transcript tools menu to load ENVY/QA into the base image shipped with the beta results in a missing prereq error. Transcript messages:

Loading z.ST: ENVY/QA
Loading the configuration map z.ST: ENVY/QA V 8.0.0 [113] (with its required maps)...
Loading the configuration map QA Framework V 8.0.0 [113]...
Loading the configuration map QA Code Coverage V 8.0.0 [113]...
Loading the configuration map QA Code Tools (CC/CM) Framework V 8.0.0 [113]...
Loading the configuration map QA Code Critic V 8.0.0 [113]...
Loading the configuration map QA Code Formatter V 8.0.0 [113]...
Loading the configuration map QA Code Metrics V 8.0.0 [113]...
Loading the configuration map OTIML Publishing Backend V 7.5.0 [88]...
Error: 346 Cannot complete the load because the prerequisite SgmlSupport of SgmlPublishing V 5.5 [16] must also be loaded.
Failed trying to load OTIML Publishing Backend V 7.5.0 [88].

---------

The error probably also exists in earlier versions, but I've never tried to load it into a virgin image.

Doug Swartz
daswartz

Re: envy/QA prereq error in V8 beta

Postby wembley » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:59 am

Doug -

Thanks for the report. Yes, the problem has been around for a long time. This problem was previously reported as case 37389 and it is fixed in V8.0.0.
John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.
wembley

Postby koschate » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:44 am

While someone's attention is on this, would it be possible to modify the SypUserInterface class>>#loaded method to just dump an informational message to the Transcript, instead of popping up a dialog box? We load the ENVY/QA stuff as part of our development suite. It's a real hassle to have an entire load process held up because of a need to click an OK box, so I've had to cut a custom version of the ENVY/QA map just to work around that. It's also a particularly useless message since the files referred to aren't even distributed with the product!
koschate
[|]

Postby wembley » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:47 am

Thomas -

This is a known issue (38026) and has been fixed for Beta 2. You will now get the following output on the Transcript:

Code: Select all
To use ENVY/QA Code Publisher's RTF output with Microsoft Word, the OTIML.DOT file should be copied to your Microsoft Word user templates directory.
To use ENVY/QA Code Publisher's LaTeX output, the SYSPUB.STY and SYSPUBF.STY files should be in your LaTeX path.
These files are in the envyqa subdirectory.  See the ENVY/QA User Guide for additional information.

And yes, the files actually are there.
wembley

Postby koschate » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:48 am

wembley wrote:And yes, the files actually are there.

So they are, almost. All this time, I've been searching for "OTIML.DOT" as the message says, and it's actually "OTIMLRTF.DOT". I don't do much with Latex, so I never bothered looking for the other one.

However, I'm glad I can stop hacking that method!
koschate
[|]

Postby wembley » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:09 am

Sigh :oops: -- I guess this shows how much I use Code Publisher. I've looked at the ENVY/QA pdf and it refers to OTIMLRTF.DOT, so I will change the text written to the Transcript to match it (and the actual file that is shipped). Or, better yet, be unspecific.
Code: Select all
To use ENVY/QA Code Publisher's RTF output with Microsoft Word or LaTeX output with LaTeX,
please refer to the setup instructions in \readme\readmeenvyqa.htm.
wembley

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0