VA80 Beta1- Notes Tab

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

VA80 Beta1- Notes Tab

Postby marten » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:25 am

Start VA80 Beta 1,
Open class browser via "Browse Classes"
Select "Notes" Tab-Page and you get a walkback: CwAnyCallbackData does not understand doIt:
in

StsTabbedClassesBrowserWin>>developerNotebookUserPageSelection: aWidget clientData: ignore callData: callData

Marten
Marten Feldtmann, Principal Smalltalk User, Private
SkypeMe callto://marten.feldtmann
marten
[|]

Re: VA80 Beta1- Notes Tab

Postby wembley » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:25 am

Marten -

Quite a bit of work has been done on the TabbedBrowsers since Beta 1 and I can not reproduce your symptom on the current code. I believe the problem is that you must select a class before selecting any of the tabs. Can you try this and tell me if it gives you a workaround?
John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.
wembley

Postby marten » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:58 am

wembley wrote:Marten -

Quite a bit of work has been done on the TabbedBrowsers since Beta 1 and I can not reproduce your symptom on the current code. I believe the problem is that you must select a class before selecting any of the tabs. Can you try this and tell me if it gives you a workaround?

Yes, it seemed, that the initial default (class-) selection after opening a newly browser is not seen, when pressing the Notes Tab. Selecting a class and it works.

Marten
Marten Feldtmann, Principal Smalltalk User, Private
SkypeMe callto://marten.feldtmann
marten
[|]

Postby wembley » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:53 am

Marten -

I've looked at the ClassesBrowser from VA Smalltalk 7.5.2 for comparison. When it opens, it has a class highlighted, but that class is not really selected -- you can tell this because the code pane the class definition template. Clicking on the Source/Comment/Notes button switches the view to empty code panes. If you select the highlighted class, then its class definition shows in the code pane.

With V8 Beta 2 TabbedBrowsers, you will see similar behavior except that clicking on the tabs does not change the content of the code pane since there is nothing useful to see if a class is not selected.
John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.
wembley

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0