How to get 6.02 repository support

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

How to get 6.02 repository support

Postby marten » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:04 am

I've started my old OS/2 VA version and now I am at 6.01 level there. My main repository has been started with 7.52 and now I would like to add all source code needed for the 6.01 client. What would be the best way to do it ?
Marten Feldtmann, Principal Smalltalk User, Private
SkypeMe callto://marten.feldtmann
marten
[|]

Re: How to get 6.02 repository support

Postby wembley » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:21 pm

Marten -

You just need to merge one repository into the other. In the source repository you will need to ensure that anything you want to be in the target repository is versioned (open editions, scratch editions, and floating method editions will not get merged).

Enter the following at a prompt for the inst subdirectory of the main directory for the product. (For example, C:\vast\inst on Windows):
Code: Select all
importer -z.target=<your existing Manager> -z.source=<your product Manager>

Where <your existing Manager> is your 6.01 Library Manager and <your product Manager> is the 7.5.2 Library Manager (or reversed depending on which manager you decide to version up everything in).

You can find more details in the "VA Smalltalk Migration Guide" (Migration Guide > Migrating from Version 5.5 or earlier > Moving your applications to the new library > Migrating newly installed product code to your existing library > Running the tool)
John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.
wembley

Re: How to get 6.02 repository support

Postby marten » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Thanks !
Marten Feldtmann, Principal Smalltalk User, Private
SkypeMe callto://marten.feldtmann
marten
[|]

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0