Glorp somewhere ported ???

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

Glorp somewhere ported ???

Postby marten » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:34 am

Subject says it all. Has anybody ported Glorp to VA ?

Marten
Marten Feldtmann, Principal Smalltalk User, Private
SkypeMe callto://marten.feldtmann
marten
[|]

Re: Glorp somewhere ported ???

Postby NiallRoss » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:25 am

Dear Marten,

Alan Knight had a working VA port of Glorp and StoreGlorp at ESUG 2004 in Kothen, which he demoed. AFAIK, he did not maintain this to more recent versions. However, I ported a later state of Glorp to VA in mid-2005, and then did a VW3/Envy port, which of course is the same for a high proportion of the code.

Some of this is in my home office which I will next be in this Friday / weekend. AFAICR, the little-tested VA port was of Glorp 0.3.174, StoreGlorp 2.2.52 with GlorpTest and StoreGlorpTest of the same vintage. The well-tested VW3/Envy port was at least up to Glorp 0.3.178 and and StoreGlorp 2.2.53 and may be some versions newer (but not 0.4.anything).

By coincidence, I have just begun to look at Glorp in VA again. I will contact you later this week with more information.

HTH

Yours faithfully
Niall Ross
NiallRoss

Re: Glorp somewhere ported ???

Postby marten » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:35 am

I'm just importing the 0.4.x version - updated to around 02/08 - and will see, how much is not
working ..... the actual state seems to be, that the GlorpVAPort is no longer part of the
GLORP distributon at Cincoms public store and one has to use the version at sourceforge.

The export and file-in of the whole source code does also not work very well and I had to
change code in the UtilityWindow and some minor manual changes in the filed-out
code to get all stuff imported.

I changed the code in that way, that I get an application "Glorp" with several subapplications -
the same with GlorpTest.

Marten
Marten Feldtmann, Principal Smalltalk User, Private
SkypeMe callto://marten.feldtmann
marten
[|]

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0