Calling VioPopUp in VA 5.5 on OS/2?

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

Calling VioPopUp in VA 5.5 on OS/2?

Postby AHodges » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:26 pm

I am running VA 5.5 on OS/2. I am looking for a way to call VioPopUp and VioWrtCharStr. Does someone know of a way to do this?
Thanks,
Andy
AHodges

Re: Calling VioPopUp in VA 5.5 on OS/2?

Postby marten » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:56 pm

AHodges wrote:I am running VA 5.5 on OS/2. I am looking for a way to call VioPopUp and VioWrtCharStr. Does someone know of a way to do this?
Thanks,
Andy

Took some time to install eComStation 2.0rc4 and have a further look at that topic :-), but why don't you just call the API calls you mentioned ? VioPopUp must be called together with VioEndPopUp. All these API calls seem to be located in "viocalls.dll".

These calls are not defined within VA Smalltalk 6.0, therefore you must add them manually. On the other hand all OS/2 programming infos are vanishing very fastly even on the Internet :(((

How to define an additional function call can be read in the thread "Extending DLL search path on WinXP" in this forum. Even the signatures for these calls can still be found on the Internet.

Some thoughts have to be done about the calling conventions ...

But again - no practical tests - just thoughts, how it can be done !?
Marten Feldtmann, Principal Smalltalk User, Private
SkypeMe callto://marten.feldtmann
marten
[|]

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0